What will be the same?
• Great food, great beer & same great team to deliver this
What will be different?
• From 14th September it will be compulsory for you to give your details on arrival at the pub. This will be done via our QR code which is accessed via a mobile device or a member of the team can take your details. There is no compromise regarding this, you leave your details or you do not get served. Your details will be kept for 21 days, after which they will be dellted. They will only be used for Track & Trace & no other reason
• From 24th September anyone moving around the pub will need to wear a Face Covering, if you are exempt please wear your lanyard or discuss with the team
• Our team will also be wearing Face Coverings from 24th September
• We will have a limited number of seats/tables available indoors & out
• Booking is advised to avoid disappointment
• Bookings will be taken by phone only - 01603 926530. Sending us a message via Facebook, email or Bob or Dani’s phone only means we in turn have to call the pub to book it for you which could end up with it being delayed, missed or wrongly booked
• We will try & accommodate specific tables where we can
• We will operate a one-way system for entering and exiting the pub, please adhere to this
• Toilets are one in one out & social distancing in the queue
• On arrival at the pub you will find hand sanitisers everywhere. We ask you use them on arrival & entering the pub
• Unfortunately, there can be no drinking at the bar
• There is a table service operating in the pub, smoking shelter & seating area at the front of the pub. So please remain seated unless you need to visit the toilets
• At the back of the pub, there is a bell to ring on a bar, at the back door. One member of your party only should approach the bar & ring the bell to get our attention, then sanitise your hands after
• Do not move the furniture around to your best advantage (it is placed precisely to achieve social distancing measures within Government guidelines)
• Dogs are always welcome but for the time being must be kept on a lead for the foreseeable future
• Children must be SUPERVISED at all times. They also must remain seated unless they are going to the toilets when they must be accompanied by an adult
• Tables are set up for a maximum of 6 people & no more
• Food & Beer Collection is still available but you must call to book your slot 01603 926530
• Beer deliveries can still be arranged, please call 01603 926530 to do this
• We are operating shorter hours to ensure the pub is thoroughly cleaned at the end & beginning of each day
• When the pub is closed we will ask you to vacate the outdoor areas once all the team have left the building
Our Current Opening Hours
Closed Monday & Tuesdays
Wednesday 12pm - 8pm
Thursday 12pm - 8pm
Friday 12pm - 9pm*
Saturday 12pm - 9pm*
Sunday 12pm - 5pm
Monday 12pm - 9pm
Tuesday 12pm - 9pm
Wednesday 12pm - 9pm
Thursday 12pm - 9pm
Friday 12pm - 10pm*
Saturday 12pm - 10pm*
Sunday 12pm - 830pm
*On a Friday & Saturday we close at 10pm. Last orders for food will be at 830pm & for drinks 930pm. Time will be called at 940pm & all customers to be gone by 10pm.
• If we are shutting earlier than you anticipated you are most welcome to purchase drinks to takeaway with you, just ask a member of our team
• These times are subject to change at short notice
Please keep an eye on our social media (Facebook and Instagram) for updates and further information over the next couple of weeks
We thank you for your ongoing support throughout these tricky times. Working with us & adhering to the above will ensure the longevity of The Shoulder of Mutton
Be Kind Be Patient Be Safe
Pop in and enjoy the comfortable atmosphere of a tradition pub. Choose from a wide selection of beers, wines, and spirits, and sample our freshly prepared food. The Specials menu varies throughout the year as our experienced chef makes the most of seasonal ingredients.
Unlike many modern-day pubs, we’re rather keen on games! In the bar, you’ll find bar billiards and bar skittles, as well as board games such as Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, chess, backgammon, crib, and shove ha’penny. If you enjoy a bit of competition, you might be interested in joining the Shoulder of Mutton crib team.
We have an outdoor pétanque court, too. Why come along and join the pub team! Our two annual pétanque tournaments are great fun.
Live music is very much a part of life, here at the Mutton. Keep an eye on our Events page so as not to miss out on gigs, jam sessions, and charity music events.
The Shoulder of Mutton is within walking distance of Strumpshaw Hall and its famous Steam Museum, where you can see the UK’s largest collection of steam engines and fairground memorabilia. Strumpshaw Hall offers year-round camping facilities, providing wonderful opportunities for ramblers and bird watchers.
Strumpshaw Fen RSPB Nature Reserve is also just a short walk away.
We look forward to your visit. And don’t forget – dogs are welcome!
Lincoln Skins are an acoustic duo performing greatest hits & self penned, down & dirty Wild West Country Music