* Everyone over the age 16 has to leave their details. Mickey Mouse or Ronald McDonald will not be suffice. This will be done either by the NHS QR Code, ouor QR Code or good old pen & paper. If you do not want to give us your details you will have to leave, not our rules but we have to abide by them
* Only 6 to a table or 2 households. If the 2 households exceed two tabes, you will be seated on seperate tables. These tables will not be moved together
* Once seated you must remain seated. No mixing of tables. Our team will be on table service duties. Again your patience will be appreciated
* All children must remain seated & supervised at all times. They will not be allowed to get up & run around
* You will be able to access the toilets. You must wear your mask when going to the toilets
* You must sanitise your hands when entering the pub to use the toilets & when exit the pub
* All dogs must be on leads to minimise them wabdering & owners having to get up & retrieve them
* The marquee will be 50% open, to comply with being outside. There is a heater but you are sitting outside so please dress accordingly & BYOB (Bring your own Blanket)
* Obviously booking a table is advisable. If you do arrive at the pub & there is no where for you to sit, we will have to turn you away as per Government Legislation that everyone must remain seated
* Call 01603 926530 from 1130am to place & pay for your order
* A mutually convenient slot will be arranged for your collection & details on how to collect your food will be given
* If you arrive at the pub unannouced & without ordering first
You can now legally collect alcoholic drinks from the pub. As with food collection, please call
01603 926530 to arrange payment & collection
We will still operate our delivery service but this is by prior arrangement only
How to order
* This is by prior arrangement only & any deliveries will be made before 5pm
* Call 01603 926530 to place & pay for your order
* Minimum spend of £10
* Your order will be delivered on the same day unless you arrange otherwise
* Delivery is available to NR13 & NR7 areas. we can deliver to other postcodes but this is by prior arrangement only
NB This service is not available to anyone who has been barred from The Shoulder of Mutton.
Delivery of Drinks
* We will delivery drinks on the day of order.
* Bob & Dani will be wearing masks. They will be cleaning their hands before & after eachdelivery with an Alcohol based rub
* They will knock at your door, place the order on the doorstep then step back 2m & wait till you have taken it in
* We ask that any empties are left on your doorstep to be collected, sanitsied then reused
* We can leave your order in a prearranged safe place, please make mention at point of order
Our Current Opening Hours
Closed Monday & Tuesday
Wednesday 12pm - 10pm
Thursday 12pm - 10pm
Friday 12pm - 11pm
Saturday 12pm - 11pm
Sunday 12pm - 9pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
Wednesday 12pm to 8pm
Thursday 12pm - 8pm
Friday 12pm - 9pm
Saturday 12pm - 9pm
Sunday 12pm - 5pm
These times are subject to change at short notice & normally this will be an operational reason or The Government making it harder for us to operate
Please keep an eye on our social media (Facebook and Instagram) for updates and further information over the next couple of weeks
We thank you for your ongoing support throughout these tricky times. Working with us & adhering to the above will ensure the longevity of The Shoulder of Mutton
Be Kind Be Patient Be Considerate Be Safe
Pop in and enjoy the comfortable atmosphere of a tradition pub. Choose from a wide selection of beers, wines, and spirits, and sample our freshly prepared food. The Specials menu varies throughout the year as our experienced chef makes the most of seasonal ingredients.
Unlike many modern-day pubs, we’re rather keen on games! In the bar, you’ll find bar billiards and bar skittles, as well as board games such as Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, chess, backgammon, crib, and shove ha’penny. If you enjoy a bit of competition, you might be interested in joining the Shoulder of Mutton crib team.
We have an outdoor pétanque court, too. Why come along and join the pub team! Our two annual pétanque tournaments are great fun.
Live music is very much a part of life, here at the Mutton. Keep an eye on our Events page so as not to miss out on gigs, jam sessions, and charity music events.
The Shoulder of Mutton is within walking distance of Strumpshaw Hall and its famous Steam Museum, where you can see the UK’s largest collection of steam engines and fairground memorabilia. Strumpshaw Hall offers year-round camping facilities, providing wonderful opportunities for ramblers and bird watchers.
Strumpshaw Fen RSPB Nature Reserve is also just a short walk away.
We look forward to your visit. And don’t forget – dogs are welcome!